View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 05:51 PM
franc36

I only started quilting three years ago; but last year, I made 28 quilts. I use Printed Treasures labels on all of my quilts. So far, the labels are holding up fine; but I honestly don't know about long term. I love the fact that I can add colored clip art that goes along with the theme of the quilt ( e.g., for a golf quilt for my grandson that I named Tee Time, I added a picture if a golfer teeing off). As for experiences, the first package I bought from my LQS must have been old. I almost never got the backing off. That was so frustrating. Since then, I have purchased the packages on line and the backing easily comes off. I do soak the printed label in warm water before using it. I've noticed that the fabric dries quickly. Also, many people say that the ink in an Epson printer is best for printing on fabric. I have both an Epson and a Hewlett Packard printer and I have never been able to tell a difference in the printed label. For now, I am very happy with my Printed Treasures labels.