View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Cornerstone quilter

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Is the primary purpose of this fund-raising for the church?

Regarding affordable kid-friendly presents, I will say that one of my treasured possessions is a microfiber scarf made for me by my daughter. All it involved was cutting a rectangle, and then having her cut "fringe" about an inch wide and two inches deep on each end. Although you could sell these already made to children, it might be nice to have a kids' craft area where the children could cut the fringe themselves after selecting a colored rectangle.
The purpose of the fair is not fund raising for the church-rather a time for vendors to sell their wares and shoppers to enjoy some Christmas atmosphere. Church families with kids have gotten involved as vendors selling things the kids have made with mom and dad. The kids and parents have really gotten to enjoy just the atmosphere of fun and Christmas and not so much making any profit.
I like your scarf suggestion. Could you post a photo so I could present it to the others involved in the planning? Thanks for your time to respond and post the photo!!