View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 05:38 PM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
Does he by chance have a cat? It almost looks cat scratched. Also, I think you should tell us which manufacturer so we can avoid their fabrics! There is nothing wrong with stating the truth about a particular brand, even if it's bad.

Also, if the problem isn't cat scratching, I would definitely contact the manufacturer and tell them about what happened. They might attempt to compensate you in some way, with perhaps some new fabric.

Otherwise, everything the others said. You may not have to completely replace the backing, just sew in a "patch" where the shredding is occurring and then hand quilt it to secure it...or ask your long-armer to do it. You could even tie it to secure the patch. Use a fun floss to tie it or use buttons. Doing this would also eliminate the need to remove the binding.
Hi TeresaA ~ Thanks for the reply. No he does not have a cat... he dislikes cats VERY MUCH.

I do plan on contacting the manufacturer for certain as I have left over scraps with the selvage name etc. A patch would cover the current area but it's bad fabric and eventually it will all shred...I can see it pulling away from stitching in other areas. I appreciate your time in replying to my post!