View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 04:19 AM
mhollifiel

2manyhobbies,

What a great quote! Thank you for sharing! This will continue to inspire me as I quilt down two paths. One is making "covers" for Project Linus mostly. I try for fun fabrics and easy patterns expecting these quilts to be used and abused with love. The other path (with FAR fewer quilts made) are quilts that are "pretty" but more challenging. They may be a Bonnie Hunter Mystery or the like just to stretch myself. These are done mostly for my DH who enables my fabric and other quilting purchases something terrible. I must say that I learn from both but I enjoy making the covers for the kids far more.

I prefer my quilts to be used - worn out even - and not kept for show. Yesterday I had to repair a scrap quilt I made in the 70's that my DH used to wrap a chair we bought. The wind damaged two corners but that was fine. This quilt has been "in service" and has earned its stripes!

About a month ago, I took my Easy Street to my son and one week later, their heating went out just ahead of a snow storm. They put Easy right to work and I was thrilled. Every quilt needs a job. For some it's to be seen and admired. I will never make these kinds of quilts but I so love to go visit them and be blown away and inspired when they are displayed. That also makes my soul grow.