Thread: Pattern sharing
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 01:21 PM
SuzieQuilts

Default Pattern sharing

I just returned from an out of town retreat that I attend twice a year. There is a woman that always attends. I do not know her other than attending the same retreat. Twice now, she has asked if she could borrow two different patterns. I made an excuse and put her off without wanting to hurt her feelings. She also asked my friend if she could borrow a book that she had at the last retreat. I also over-heard her ask someone else if she could borrow her book. At the last retreat she even asked the store owner if she could borrow her copier to copy the pattern I would not let her take. What is everyone's take on loaning books and patterns? I do not borrow patterns, as I do not want the responsibility of returning them.. I will write down the name and author and buy my own. I am reluctant to loan out books and patterns. I don't think it is right to copy patterns and books as people are trying to make money on them. I have had other people ask me for patterns. I have tried to offer the name and author, but some people act like they should be able to get things for free. I do loan patterns to good friends and sisters, as I know I can get them back. How do others handle this situation?