View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:49 PM
DonnaFreak

Default Googlie Eyes On A Quilt?

Howdy y'all :c)

I know I've posted a lot of questions about this particular quilt, but to me it's the most important project I have ever undertaken! I am almost finished collecting all of the fabrics and specialty items I need to make the quilt for a little boy who is a Shaken Baby Syndrome survivor. As a result of his injuries, he has Cerebral Palsy and is blind in one eye and has 20/400 vision in the other one. His quilt will be bright and will be a tactile quilt with lots of textures!

Of course, the quilt has to be visually appealing to those who are able to see it as well. There will be an appliquéd Old English Sheepdog in one block (12" blocks), a fiberfill stuffed teddy bear in one, and a lamb in another one. The dog will be made with faux fur, the teddy bear with minky, and the lamb with faux sheepskin. I have buttons to use as the noses, but couldn't find a darn thing I liked for the eyes.

So I'm wondering.....is there a way to attach the little googlie eyes to a quilt, and to those types of fabrics, so that they can withstand washings? Does anyone make them in a sew-on variety? All of the ones I've seen are either peel-and-stick or glue-ons. Any advice and ideas would be welcome! :c)

Donna