View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:36 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

there are a number of different brands/types of blade sharpeners- some work ok, some not so good, some are quite dangerous- some less so; any of them will only *provide you* with a little more time on a blade- you may 'sharpen' your blade, cut out one more project & find it dull again- you can keep sharpening- it's a personal choice- I've had 2 different ones (both bought for my by someone else) the first one was (to me) horribly dangerous- I tried it once and decided it was not worth the danger. the 2nd one was a little more 'user friendly' but still the blade was dull again soon- I felt is was worth the $$ to just buy new blades- take advantage of sales, use coupons and stock up when able- my hubby always buys me about 10 new blades for each size cutter I have and puts them in my stocking at Christmas- which is always wonderful! you can if you want to of course go ahead & re-sharpen your blade each time it is showing signs of dulling until it is very thin= check out & read about all the different ones- then decide on one to try.