View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Letty View Post
I am in no way an artist but have found an outlet in creativity.
Letty, I love your post but I have to drag out my soapbox for this sentence!

"I am in no way an artist..." Yes. You. ARE! The second half of your sentence proves it. "..but have found an outlet in creativity."

This is what being an artist is! You ARE an artist! Absolutely, 100%, and don't ever doubt it. We are all born natural artists, and I know you get what I'm saying from your comment about children!! Lots of us (most of us) at some point in our life are told we're not "good enough". Our artwork isn't precise, we didn't color within the lines, whatever it is....someone points out a flaw and we tell ourselves we aren't good enough, that we aren't really artists.

That is WRONG. We are ALL artists, and we can't HELP but be artists because (I believe) it is impossible to be human without being an artist. Professional artists? No, not most of us. But artists nonetheless. And don't let anyone ever convince you otherwise! Even if you can't draw a squiggly line without help, you're still an artist somewhere in your life.

At least, that's the way I see it! *putting away my soapbox*

(Letty, I hope you don't feel picked on, I really mean this to be a positive & supportive post but I'm worried my tone isn't coming through right - this is a topic I'm awfully passionate about and I hope I don't sound to aggressive about it....)