View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Bobbielinks

I had to replace my 24 year old Whirlpool about 3 weeks ago. It was a top loader, agitator, I set the water level and temp. for whatever I was washing. I knew I wanted another Whirlpool as I had such great results with my old one. As I was looking and reading about the new washers I picked the one I thought I wanted, a heavy duty top load, agitator which was about $650. I was buying from a local family business that I have done business with for the last 45 years. The owner gave me plenty of time to determine which one I wanted before she came over to help me. Then she made a suggestion - the one I picked was computer driven, meaning it weighted the clothes, chose the water level and the temp and had to use the high efficient detergent AND only had a ONE year warranty. She steered me to another model, a Whirlpool that was a heavy duty, top load, agitator that lets me choose the water level and temp and lets me pause it if I need to add something after it had started its cycle AND came with a 10 year warranty AND a price of $450. I am blessed to live in a small town with expert retail and service people that I have known for a long time.