Old 03-21-2014, 11:50 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

My Dh complained when I bought the 401 couple months back but when I'm one or the other, he grabs a chair and says I need to do this or that. Tell me we don't need another machine because if one of us is on one and the other is broken we need another or two for a back up.
Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
Well, I think he is, because he told me last night I need to be committed. I bought a Brother DreamCreator VM5100 last week - I am in L O V E with it! It's a fabulous machine, and I am in heaven. But I told DH that I really want a Pfaff in a couple of years. You would have thought I told him I was considering having my arm removed from my torso and sewn on my head. He asked me why I wanted it and I told him that it has a bigger embroidery area and that I would like to be able to do the larger in-hoop quilting designs that aren't compatible with my Brother. He just shook his head and said something about needing to be committed and that he bet I'd be after that machine next March (I get my bonus in March every year).

Anyway, does anyone have either the Creative Performance or Creative Sensation? I would love to know just how useful the larger embroidery area might be for quilting.

Oh, and maybe he's right about next March ... I could probably sell the 8900 for enough to help pay for the Pfaff, right?