Old 03-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Diannia

I have the exact opposite problem...not that I'm complaining! My husband is very supportive of my quilting. When I first started I wanted to just buy a cheap machine. A quilting friend of mine suggested I get a good one and took me to the local Elna dealer and a few others. I fell in love with a used Elna that had been traded in for a "trade-up". The used 1 cost $1600! I thought that was totally too much. I told my hubs and he said that's what I should get and went and bought it for me along with a very nice sewing rolling chair and had a table made for me. That was 8 yrs ago. Fast forward to about 4 yrs ago and he bought me a BabyLoc Jewel and table to the tune of just under $10,000. This past Aug he got a very nice sized bonus and wanted to buy me a brand new Elna! I told him there is nothing wrong with the 1 I have and I love it. Instead he is putting lighting in my quilting studio (formerly the formal LR) and also finishing the garage to move my Jewel, table and battings out there. He brought home a very nice cabinet last night that has storage and a granat top and said he has a bigger one that matches coming. Once we get the Jewel moved out of the studio we're getting a couch or recliner in there so he can come in with me and watch TV while I quilt. The other night he was looking at a donation quilt I had hanging up waiting for binding and he said how he thought I got better with each quilt I made and felt it was a shame that I gave so many of them away...he's a definite keeper!