Old 03-22-2014, 01:22 AM
Gerbie

This is absolutely "Jaw Dropping" fabulous. What an artistic masterpiece. Your work of art is truly a Gift from God, you were blessed with a natural gift, even though you used a computer for help, God gave you a gift in my opinion. My first and best advice to you is insure this piece of work immediately, before taking it to a quilter or anyone. I have no idea of how to stabilize this beautiful piece of art work. My suggestions would be as others have stated, to check with quilting museums. No one has mentioned the Quilting museum in Paducah Ky. or the Smithsonian in D.C, they might be able to give you some advice on this. Perhaps an award winning quilter like Sharon Schambers or someone else might be of some help. You can check out her site on the web.
Definitely let this actor know about this beauty - send him a photo immediately I would contact, Fox News or one of the other major networks for a personal interest story on this. I have seen many pictures of photo quilts, but none that were as realistic looking as yours. You did not say if you did the sewing by hand or on the machine, however, this is beautiful-you did outstanding for lack of any other word.
As others have stated, if this is your first quilt and you are only 25 yeas old, what a future in quilting you have. I only wait with anticipation for your next beauty, and can say I saw a picture of your first quilt posted on this board. Oh, welcome to the Board. I just feel privileged to have clicked on your thread, to view this beauty. Please keep us updated on what happens with this beauty. Also please consider entering this in the Houston Quilt show and also in the quilt show in Paducah when you have it finished. If this quilt does not win every award these shows have to give, then the judges are completely nuts and no one else deserves a ribbon. Many on this board can give you advice on how to enter these shows. It doesn't look like you need much advice on your quilting.

Last edited by Gerbie; 03-22-2014 at 01:28 AM.