Old 03-22-2014, 03:39 AM
KenmoreRulesAll

Hey, Jim --

To my knowledge, White made (or sold) very few black machines (and very few white ones) after their rotary days. There's the 628 (a great one), a couple of really nice G-Ks (I have a Kenmore version of the single-lever, pictured below), there's a black straight stitch (128, I think), and this one, a model whose number I don't know. The rust on this machine is mainly on the inside, but some of the exterior chrome is pitted. I don't think the machine is worth taking it all apart and soaking so I'll probably just get in there and brush with oil, a few drops of kerosene on the joints, etc. It does have a 1.3 amp motor though, so it kicks tail. Cleaned up, it looks OK and would make a nice display piece.

Eldredge rotaries are nice. There's a later model with a dark brown crinkle finish with more features, probably the late '30s early '40s. Also a New Home Greyhound that's bright green from the 1930s and a Free-Westinghouse that I've heard is really smooth and does a great stitch. All of those I want.

Here's the Kenmore I mentioned above:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]468443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]468444[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails gritznerkenmoreback-800x600-.jpg   gritznerkenmorefront-800x600-.jpg