Old 03-22-2014, 05:25 AM
amh

Originally Posted by roserips View Post
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I hope you plan on entering it in several quilt shows, quilters will want to see this one. I have seen a few pixel quilts but this one takes the prize it is so well done and I would love to hear how you selected your fabrics. A friend of mine does what she calls under quilting where you layer your quilt but fold back the top and sew the under seams down so the seams become the quilting. Not sure I am being very clear. But I would do that for the face so no quilting would show on the top but it would be totally stable then. You could maybe do something else for the hair and shirt and background but as I think about it I would probably under quilt the whole thing. Since the impact is your color selections and the small squares. Their would be nothing else then to detract from the eye but the back would then have a whole other impact of straight lines.
Underquilting. I have never heard of it before, and have never thought of it either. I`m going to file that away for the future. It would be quite an undertaking on this particular quilt, but I think it would work.