Thread: $10 find
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Rodney

Originally Posted by minibarn View Post
I now have two 99's and only two original bobbins, and I found the metal class 66 bobbins from SewClassic to be very nice for these machines. I had some plastic ones for another machine and they were to short for the 99, the bobbin winder rubbed the plastic right off. My first one looks just like yours, but it came in a cabinet.

Jp
I should have read all the posts before replying, I missed yours at first. That's exactly the problem I'm having. Ironic considering they're being sold as class 66 bobbins with the Singer name on them.
Rodney

I forgot to mention: Every now and then the machine will "grab" for lack of a better term and the top thread spool will go crazy, sometimes breaking the thread, sometimes the spool will jump off the pin, other times the thread will wrap around the spool pin. I suspect the upper tension is grabbing the thread at times. I'll be disassembling the tension and cleaning it before I try again. Given that this machine has apparently just sat around a very long time I'm not surprised. It seems like a logical place to start. It makes a very nice stitch until the problem happens though.
I'm getting very close to making this a nice runner again.
Rodney

Last edited by Rodney; 03-22-2014 at 09:39 AM.