View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 05:38 PM
moonwork42029

Let's face it... the quilts are ruined now. Nothing you do can hurt them any further. It can only improve them.

I'm surprised if it was a drug house you could have them at all...usually all of that is confiscated and destroyed because of the hazardous toxins in the very fibers of the items. That's why kids and other when taken from drug house can only leave with the clothes on their back and then they are destroyed once the kids are cleansed by social services (we provide blankets for this charity is why I know this).

Unless you have super good ventilation, I don't think I would even attempt to save them. That is harsh but do you really really really want to jeopardize your health for the quilts?

I would not have them in my house or car so the toxins do not leach out from them.

Putting them outside to air won't hurt them at this point either.

Ask a company that specializes in cleaning crime scenes (ask police for names) if they can be saved. It would be worth the money for an expert to do it rather than put you and your family at any risk.

Of course this is just my opinion. I value my current family & health over heirlooms that are currently ruined anyway.