View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 PM
roselady

About 5 years ago, after all my kids left home, my daughters room became the guest room/sewing room. A 10x11 room with a double bed in it, didn't leave much room for a sewing machine, cutting table, and all the other paraphernalia I used. But since I had always just had a corner in a room, or worse, the dining room table, I was thrilled to be in my own room. The problem was when company came I always had stuff to put away, a lot of stuff!! I have family come visit often enough that I do need a guest room and I want it to be inviting. Our house has a "formal" living room just off the front entry, and a family room with fireplace and tv, where we live. The computer is in the formal living room and that is the only thing we go in there for. Soooo we are now in the process of moving my sewing room into the living room, the computer into the back bedroom that is for the grand kids when they stay with us and the guest room will be just a guest room. I am putting French doors at the opening of my new sewing room since it is right at the front door. I am planning for it to be pretty and inviting, not strictly utilitarian, but when I'm in the creative process things can get messy!! I can hardly wait!!