View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 04:36 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
Katia, congrats on your new machine! I hope you have many years of happiness with it. I do like the Janome embroidery machines; they do some beautiful work. I think you will love it.

I just bought a Brother DreamCreator VM5100 last Friday and I am LOVING it. I have done a couple of embroidery designs on it but they are not well digitized. However, I have 11 more of them to do, as they are for a quilt I'm making my SIL. Tonight, I'm going to try one of the designs that came on the machine just to assure myself that the problem I'm having is with the digitizing and not the machine.

I obviously haven't read all 260 pages of this thread, so don't kill me if it's already here, but is there a chart of stabilizers that I can use? I had an embroidery machine up until this time two years ago and sold it - it's amazing how much one can forget in that time frame. I seriously need a refresher course on some of this stuff.
Just about every machine's website has a stabilizer list on it but one of the best ones is rnkdistributing.com, its for Floiani and it tells you what to do with each kind, but its not a hard set rule, sometimes you have to play but it's a start. Emblibary.com also has tutorials on it, alot of the different design sites also have tutorial, I check them all out for different ideas