View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 10:40 AM
gale

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
This may be worthless info but I'm adding it 'just in case'
We found about 15 years ago that it was impossible to buy regular toilets around here, they were all 'low water.' We had always heard bad things about their flushing and we live in 'the black swamp' so no water problems. We live within an hour of Canada so we crossed the border as we heard up in Canada they still had the old style.

We went to a Home Depot right over the border and the guy there said they sell ALOT of toilets to Americans for the same reason!
I do not know the reason for the newer washers, but maybe a Canadian?
That's interesting. We've been having trouble with our septic recently and the plumbers and septic company all think it's because of the low flow toilets (we're in a new house). They've all said the water to solids ratio is not ideal for washing everything down to the septic tank. We have one old toilet in our old house we can swap in but we need two. I've been thinking about looking up a way to modify one to hold more water.

eta: this is another reason we're happy that we went with the traditional speed queen washer. That way more water is being washed down to the septic tank.

Last edited by gale; 03-23-2014 at 10:43 AM.