View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
I have the same problem. I have not taken a class yet, as the funding really isn't there, but I have checked out books from the library, and used those, and then I practice different techniques on hot pads, and use for gifts for my daughters. I also wanted a set of machine quilting frames, and I found online an e-book on how to make some for less than about $250.00. It is done by a guy named Richard. Hopefully my dh gets working on those soon. As for know, most of my projects have been crib size or smaller, but I have read that you can do any size on a regular sewing machine.
'Joe the Quilter' has a video out on how to make a quilt frame for around $25. This is for a hand quilting frame that can hold up to a king sized quilt. His method was very easy & I was pushing my hubby to make one but my mother beat him too it. :lol: Merry Christmas to me!! :-D

Lucy: What an excellent idea! I wonder if I could convince hubby to do that. It'd have to be at a lower price since $50 is waaaay out of our budget, but still, even $10 would add up over time. I drool over the thought of a Bernina with a stitch regulator!