View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
It would be interesting to do a test between them and right now I have 3 - two Mocha and that other one... I think the older machine has a bit better feel of the 3. I just can't tell you what that feel is. It probably is just an opinion. Maybe you just got a hold of one that has a better feel. My mothers Featherweight has a feel to it and I have a couple 66s a couple 99 and a 15 with a 'feel' - I'm thinking the feel is some good wear and tear from someone actually using the machine a lot. Something is loosened up and they just want to go and go. My old Elna was like that until the motor died. I haven't found a new one I like yet. I suppose a new paint job would make them look good but then I would be worried about ruining the paint. For use, I'd get an old beat up one.
Both of my two tones are the same. Just a bit more zippy sounding? I currently have 6, 301's and have sold many more and it's strange to me that the two tones seem a bit different to me. But, I have very good ears. And an amazing nose. The eyes, they have let me down. LOL. Although I'm still in the middle or end? of repainting my 99 with daisy decals, usually the battered paint job doesn't bother me in the least. Unless it's truly gone and then begging for new life. But, there is obviously a market for the repaints or they wouldn't be getting done and sold. I don't have a problem bringing new life into machines and making them used for another 50-100 years.

Last edited by Candace; 03-24-2014 at 09:55 PM.