Old 03-25-2014, 05:09 AM
gardnergal970

Jeanie....truly a beautiful finish.
Jan...by doing those little steps on a weekly basis and knowing there will another clue in a week, it never gets boring. Plus, going them scrappy, even controlled scrappy, each block is just a bit different and after the reveal, you can't wait to get everything together just to see how your fabrics looks in her pattern. And there is something about doing it with a group if people that takes the boring out of it to.
I had a FART yesterday with my QB' and came home loaded down. I haven't done any major project purchasing since forever, just adding to what I already have to complete something so yesterday, I found the perfect fabric for my DD's wedding quilt. The shopkeeper got out her cart and started laying out the bolts of fabric as I selected them, knew just what might go with them, helped me evaluate without telling me what I should use and then carefully labeled each fabric as she cut it so I wouldn't forget how it fit my pattern. By the time I got done my QBs had finished and I still hadn't explored the store. I will go back! The next two stores contained treasures too...this time to compliment something I have started...good thing we don't do this everyday. Now to sew fast....