Old 03-25-2014, 01:55 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Beautiful......well worth the extra work. I find that working with used fabric/clothing really seems to get your creativity flowing, somehow it is very freeing (hard to explain). I tend to make less mistakes and work faster when using re-cycled fabric. Give me a pile of new quilting fabric and I seem to drag my heels.
It is freeing in that you know that you need to do something with this as a trip to the quilt shop isn't an option as it truly isn't for me. This then forces me to come up with something using what I have...not what I will run to the store and get.

I am constantly looking for things at the used clothing stores though--every time I go--either curtains, sheets or maybe clothing (depending on my mood and how cheap they are).

As it is, I could really use a 100% cotton nice quality flat sheet or duvet cover in dark (hot) pink. That would be so wonderful. So far I've not found one. Which means my potential project using the pink stripes/pink shirts is on hold until I can manage to find what I am envisioning. (Might be a year or so or I might change my mind and revamp my idea.)