Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I'm like Carrie, kind of quiet. but must say Jan's MB quilt came together so beautifully--turquoise sashings really pull it all together.
And then Jeanie's Orca Bay--another beauty coordinated so well.
Love seeing the DJ's--so keep them coming.
Oh and such cute puppies--our lone one went to a a new home last weekend.
Today had cousins from a distance for lunch--all very last minute. Yesterday got a call from one of them and could we get together for lunch and I thought why not just come here so a mad dash of cleaning as I had the dining room table strewn with batik scraps. But so worth it. The oldest is 96, still quilts and drives! Her daughter drove her down and then a couple other cousins came up from the south--also quilters. We've decided to make it an annual affair.
I started another project--really out of my box. Friday my QB and I went to LQS for monthly get together and they are having a BOM with Tula Pink's blocks.

http://tulapink.com/2013/04/24/city-...-quilt-blocks/

No I didn't sign up for the BOM--they are doing 6 of the 6" at a time--but I bought the book and have been going through my batik scraps--so far have over half the blocks cut and ready to sew. Very easy blocks to piece and will be a great scrap reducer for me. May not make them all, but going to work cut until I run out of batik scraps!

Time to call it a day. Night all