View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Z Any Mouse

Default Janome 8900 Question

I recently traded in my Janome Horizon 7700 for an 8900, and am having issues with the dual feed walking foot. I was sewing along on my second project, a table runner, when the walking foot completely came apart. After being unable to put it back together, I took it back to my dealer. They were mystified at how this could happen, and ordered me a new one, without charge. Since then I have sewn a couple table runners and a baby quilt, when tonight the exact same thing happened! Complete disintegration, parts everywhere, and this time the needle rammed down on top of the foot pieces a few times before I was able to stop the machine. The thing is, I don't even use the walking foot that much, only for basting around the quilt and binding. I mostly do free-motion quilting. Has anyone else had problems with the walking foot on the 8900? I've owned several other Janomes and never had this problem. Other than that, this is a wonderful machine. I will be talking to my dealer first thing in the morning...