View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 07:02 AM
Z Any Mouse

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
two adapters in a row?
i hate to ask this question, but it must be considered:
are you absolutely sure you are attaching the adapter properly and securely each time?

i'd been using my 8900 for many months when i suddenly started experiencing a weird problem that happened only when i was using the dual feed adapter and feet. i had made up my mind to take it in for warranty examination and repair. as suddenly and mysteriously as it started - it stopped happening. everything has been hunky dory for the many months since then. soooooo ... the virtually inescapable conclusion [in my case] is that i must have been doing something wrong when installing the adapter.

when you pick up the next adapter, haul your machine in, too. have the dealer watch while you install it.
also ask your dealer to give your machine a thorough examination to ensure all of the machine parts are working properly - with [naturally] emphasis on examination of the parts involved in attaching and holding the adapter in place.
Thanks for the advice. I found a Janome video on You Tube that showed how to attach the walking/dual feed foot, and I am doing it properly. When I picked up the second foot, it was not in a box and jiggled around a lot like the first one. I'm now wondering if it was a refurbished foot that was not fixed properly. The shop doesn't open for a couple more hours, so until then, I am pacing back and forth...