View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 05:12 PM
TeresaA

Ah, I finished a UFO just yesterday....well except that when I started quilting it three days ago, I thought it was a "scratch" quilt that I could use to practice quilting. I was pleased enough with the finished product that I want to go back and "fix" some of the scratches that were a little too scratchy.

Here's a pic of it before binding. Since the quilt was pretty repetitious I put a different quilting motif in each block. Some worked really well, some not as much. The lower left is an insect. Someone called it a dragonfly, but for me, it's some other imaginary species ;-).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469040[/ATTACH]

And here's one of the binding. You'll have to trust me that the binding is sewn all the way around. This is the first quilt I've finished in about SEVENTEEN years, so proud. (I'd taken a quilting hiatus for that long). I literally had to re-learn how to do binding...sigh. But I was THRILLED with the outcome.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469041[/ATTACH]

The quilt uses slightly "pre-vintage" fabrics, circa 1997. Since I plan to go back and fix some of the quilted blocks, I call this a FWE, which stands for "fix whenever". Fixing it is not high priority ;-).
Attached Thumbnails quiltfinishedsmall.jpg   bindingsmall.jpg