View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 01:56 AM
wanda lou

Hi Gale,
I have been looking for this speed Queen and I can't find one.
I was able to find a man who buys used machines, repairs and sells them.. I may have to go that route.
I still HATE this new GE HE machine... it's got to go..I washed a small load of towels and washclothes about 5 of each and to prove a point to a friend, I placed a white wash cloth with Wet chocolate milk on top, washed the load and guess what?? the wash cloth still had the chocolate milk on it when the load was done... at that point my husband said it's going as soon as they can come and get it.

Originally Posted by gale View Post
We bought a new washer about a year ago. We did not want the HE type or whatever that uses 4" of water (my husband is a farmer-get real. lol) so we bought a traditional Speed Queen top loader. LOVE LOVE LOVE. It's all mechanical so no motherboard or anything to break and it does a great job. We can use whatever temp of water we want, fill it as high as we want, open it during the cycle, and it's very basic, which is perfect for us. The only extra thing we sprung for was the model with the extra rinse button.