View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 06:41 AM
dunster
Power Poster

I really really REALLY hate to tell you this, but IF you are going for a traditional log cabin block with a red in the center, you need to rip more than one block off. The two shortest blocks are fine, but the next block should be light where you have the red on the left bottom. The first picture is what a traditional log cabin block looks like, the second is what you would have built if you had put a light on the right instead of a dark, and the third picture (if they all show up in the right order) is what you're building now.

Personally, I would start ripping. I've made so many piecing mistakes in my quilting life that unsewing 46 little blocks seems like nothing (that says a lot for my piecing, doesn't it?), and really it will go very quickly. But if you decide to go ahead, you will have a block that resembles a log cabin - it just won't have the crisp staircase of lights and darks on each side. You can always say you did it on purpose.
Attached Thumbnails traditional-log-cabin-block.jpg   misplaced-coloring-1.jpg   misplaced-coloring-2.jpg