View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 04:58 AM
donnamcr

I had a Pfaff 7550 many years ago, and then upgraded to the Pfaff 7570 as soon as it was released. For several years I did lots and lots of embroidery, but I haven't done much at all in the last four years or so. One problem is that the Pfaff designs software doesn't run on the new versions of Windows. I did get an external floppy drive and loaded the software, but it would not run, even when I tried everything the techies suggested.

So a couple of years ago I did some more research and then bought a Vikant Ultimate Box II from allbrands.com. It is supposed to be a work-around for my inability to run the old Pfaff software. I put it in the closet and have never tried it out, as I was then taking up quilting.

Actually, I only started learning to quilt because I wanted to make the Rebecca quilt, which is an embroidered and quilted wall hanging. Pictures of it are here: http://www.angies.co.nz/rebecca_quilt_project.php The creator is Angie Spong of New Zealand.

So all of this getting the Vikant Box II, etc., was done so I could export Angie's Rebecca quilt embroidery designs from my computer to my Pfaff 7570.

So, since I have learned to quilt sufficiently enough (I hope) to do the Rebecca quilt, it's time to get my embroidery unit in gear.