View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Needles

"I tend to think Dr. Oz is full of fluff, but he is a charming man. My wish is not to offend anyone........it's just my humble opinion." I totally agreee with you, Annie Pearl. I'm 70, have been my weight for at least 25 years, on no meds, never have been. Yes, I would love to be 30 lb lighter. But I look like my mother, my grandmothers and my great grandmothers. All lived into their late 80's to late 90's. My mother is 91. At age 50 I decided, I'm a child of God and this is the way he wants me. My one aunt who died at age 89, was told by her doctor when she expressed her overweight. He said elders need extra weight because if they get really sick, they can drop enormous amouts of weight. Not long after she contracted severe bronchitis, fought it for months as she had severe antibiotic allergies. Six months later, she had lost 55 lbs. Had she been at 102 when she got sick, which she was when she was well, at 45 lbs, she would not have been with us.

Enjoy the fact you see each sunrise, and quit worrying about weight. Eating less is the only way, there are no magic pills. Smile and be thankful you are you.