Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 AM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by susanyy View Post
I live about five miles away from the epicenter.... 5.1 magnitude earthquake opened my curio cabinet door and broke most of my ceramic figurines (Lladros & Hummels) and the glass on the cabinet door. I am hoping that the 5.1 was THE earthquake (main shock) and not the foreshock. I'm used to the earthquakes but I get the jitters every time I feel the aftershocks. Well, I'll go back to my sewing room and keep trying to organize my fabrics!
Welcome to the board susanyy !! The last quake I remember was the Yorba Linda quake a few years ago. I lived on the west end of Corona and boy did items fly. I grabbed both the TV and my flat screen monitor to keep them from flying. That was the closest I have ever been to the center of a quake. I can tell you where I was for the San Fernando Quake in 1970 and all the other quakes in Whittier and Big Bear. You do panic for the first few seconds but nothing is as scary as a wildfire. the Tri-state fire started about a mile east of my home with the terrible Santa Ana winds blowing. The first I was aware was the noise that the heavy helicopters make that drop the bucket of water on a fire. Fortunately, no one had any damage in my community I lived but it was scary since to evacuate would have been impossible !!