Thread: T-towel quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Ria

Default T-towel quilt

I have never posted anything on here before, although I have been stalking everyone for years now, lol. I thought I would share this quilt because when I decided to make it I couldn't find any ideas to help me due to there not being any. Here is my T-towel quilt. My husband and I did an outback QLD trip last year and my plan was to grab a fat quarter from every town we stopped at. Well that was fine for the first two towns, Emerald and Barcaldine. When I was in Barcaldine the lady in the shop told me that “this is the last fabric shop between here and Mt Isa”, and considering we were going via Longreach, Windorah, Birdsville, Boulia and everywhere in between before even getting to Isa, I was a little disappointed. I wanted fabric that said something about each town so this lady sold me a jelly roll that looked like the terrible drought that outback Qld is currently going through. When we were in Longreach I decided to start buying t-towels from each town. The Camooweal t-towel is my favourite and they were ecstatic about their t-towel going into my quilt. I had leftovers so I incorporated them into the back. So here is the end result. I am very happy with the outcome.[ATTACH=CONFIG]469338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469339[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20140128_142447.jpg   fb_img_13908835925829041.jpg