Old 03-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Smorris17119

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll View Post
That is so cool. If mine ever gives me trouble, I'll know who to ask. I've been doing some reading about the 237 MA and apparently it's considered a good machine. So far, so good.

I often wonder about the previous owner(s) of the machines I buy. Besides attachments, I sometimes find personal artifacts in the cases or tables and these items can be intriguing. Often the seller will indicate that the person who owned it was a mother or MIL who passed away and that they just don't need or want it. It saddens me a little and causes me to treat the machine with more respect than just a nice piece of machinery.
Ode to Big Bertha
Your 237 won't give you any trouble, she'll do what ever you ask of her and won't skip a stitch ever. In the 45 years I've had Big Bertha I've made most of my kids clothes till they hit high school than she taught them how to sew. Big Bertha and I have made so many full size quilts I can't even remember most of them. She even helped me make a quilt we covered one of my sons up with in his coffin, I think she was crying along with me.
She has given us much more than we've given her. She was and still is so much a part of our family. I only ask they bury me with one of her needles and they give Big Bertha to another family so she can help raise them as well.