View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:01 PM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have the GO, two of them actually, one for home and one for travel and/or back up... I love mine.. I got mine a long time ago when they first came out and when the handle broke hubby got me a new one while AccuQuilt fixed the broken handle - on AQ's dime... I have most of the dies now, well not all the appliques but my favs are the 2x2 / 2.5 /bricks / all the rags - who wants to snip ?!?! NOT THIS GAL !! / both tumblers / and the specialty ones like DWR , again, who wants to cut all those by hand ?!?!? .... im not a fan of the strips, but i do have them.. it seems that i can slice my own faster than the time takes me to perfectly fold and lay it on the die.. That beign said, i do use them to cross cut.. whoever came up with that idea that was just plain fabulous.. the dies can get pretty pricey but online almost everything goes on sale, ya just have to keep looking... The Mats IMHO are not bad cost wise.. they are alwasy on sale somewhere and i do see them as disposable so i ALWAYS have a back up mat to the back up mat to the back up mat.. yes i do keep 3-4 of each size mats on hand.. if im on my last two, well there always my birthday, mothers day, valentines day and Christmas... Just have to hint to hubby I need replacements.. lol..

So for me the GO was well worth it.. I use it all the time.. IM a scrapper.. and it has utilized scrap fabrics for me that i never would of tackled otherwise..

The scan and cut is a ONE layer ONE cut machine.. It would not be something I would use on a day to day basis like my go.. Unless i did appliques ALOT...