Old 03-30-2014, 05:51 AM
Lady Diana

I know all of you Californians are used to earthquakes...or maybe not. Every time I have traveled to southern California....about 9-10 times, I have felt tremors....still earthquakes. The first time in a hotel, things vibrated on the end table next to my bed. Another time I was walking on the beach...the birds were flying all around and I felt pressure in the air...sounds silly...but a passerby said that was a little one........The other time, I was actually talking with John Wayne and his nurse, walking in the secluded small community in Newport Beach. He too, said "small disturbance". Being from Texas, I will never get used to the earth shuttering....now we are having them in North Texas. Everyone here is blaming them on the natural gas well drilling. The shale is very porous and layered in thin layers. When they take out the oil and gas, the layers shift...so they say. We have had several tremors over 4.0 in the last year. Nothing we can do about them...just hope we don't have any caverns that open up. I would be more concerned of sink holes as in Florida than the earth just shuttering..My prayers are with all of our California friends.