Thread: Quilt block.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 07:20 AM
judith ann

Default Quilt block.

I was shopping at the quilting connection in Ames and bought 2- 2 1/4 inch charm packs.I have had so much fun playing with them the last week. I got 3 little quilts out of 4 paks. Cost $16 plus the sashings and bindings fabric that I already had.
I saw a tutorial on Missouri Quilt company and of course I can't find it now. Jenny was so excited that a lady had come into the shop and shared how to make a block the easy way. She used 2 charm pack 5 inch blocks. One was laid on top of the other stitched around the edge 1/4 inch seam.Then ONLY the top piece of fabric was cut corner to corner both ways,after the side seams were sewn..

This is how it came out.This is 6- 4 p blocks I had left over from one of the other little quilts.It is jut the right size for a doll bed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]469405[/ATTACH]In the tutorial Jenny said the points would be lost.That was ok with me for this little doll quilt but I thought about how to do it so not to loose the points.
I am probably reinventing the wheel and ever quilter out there knows to cut one of the fabrics bigger.
I did not know it.After thinking about it while trying to go to sleep it occurred to me to try this. I cut the top piece of fabric 1/2 inch bigger then cut it corner to corner. Sewed it to the sides of my blocks and like magic there were the corners.I made these 2 blocks.
One from pieces I had cut off other blocks the other strips from my scraps I hate to throw them away.They are kind of wonky but I plan to make a couple of throw pillows so it really doesn't matter.
Little scrappy quilts are my favorite to do. No pattern just sew.judy j[ATTACH=CONFIG]469406[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469407[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469408[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469414[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469415[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt-block.-002.jpg   quilt-block.-003.jpg   quilt-block.-004.jpg   quilt-block.-005.jpg   quilt-block.-006.jpg  

quilt-block.-007.jpg   quilt-block.-008.jpg   quilt-block.-009.jpg   quilt-block.-011.jpg   block.jpg