View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Quilter 65

Hi, ladies. Am pondering the next row. Need your input if you would share. I am at 57 x 42 which is only equally divisible by three. My plan had been to sneak another 1 1/2 inches to top and bottom somehow and make everything divisible by 6. It seems to me that if I add another border with some "busyness" to it, that it should be of low contrast as I am afraid that it will start to look too choppy. My final row in my mind is to go back and add a ribbon border sort of like a wrapped Christmas present and that will need to be high contrast. In the meantime, if I add just strip borders to even things out, what colors or fabric would I use to keep from having the same choppiness problem? The red and paisley HST that I used are certainly low contrast. What do you think about adding another row using this combination. I am trying to add pictures so you won't have to flip back to previous posts to figure out which is mine, but my computer is sure acting weird. Think it is time to give up and head for bed. Maybe if I wait a few more minutes....[ATTACH=CONFIG]469491[/ATTACH]Well, it finally did it. I think Jaba's last border, while I really like it, would not work since I am going to use the ribbon eventually. I like the square in a square but should it be low contrast like I wondered. I even considered a 9-patch but that would require contrast to be effective. Ideas to share? Please and thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3908-small-.jpg   100_3907-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Quilter 65; 03-30-2014 at 07:20 PM.