Old 03-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Question Found fabric in stash. Not sure what to do with it. Ideas?

Its been a loooooooong time since I was last on here. Not sure if anyone even remembers me.

In any case, the last couple of years I've been doing costumes for my friends' kids for an anime convention we go to. Two weeks ago the costumes I made won a 2nd place prize in the Master category. Yay! They've already lined up another costume for me to make for their daughter for next year, but it won't be another six months before I start making it so I don't make a costume and then find almost a year later she's too big for it. Too soon to do any major gardening here in Wisconsin. So I've thought about doing some quilting again.

In fact, I was going through my supplies to see what I already had on hand for this costume when I decided to go through my fabric stash, which is mostly quilting fabrics. All of the fabrics I had I knew why I bought them ("Oh, this was for the Nightmare Before Christmas inspired Monkey Wrench quilt I never made" or "Moda marbles for that stained glass wall hanging project"). But there's one group of fabrics I can't figure out. I have a bunch of 1.5" wide fabric strips in three different pink fabrics (at least two yards worth of strips) as well as two cream fabrics that are each about 1.5 yards long. I only remember that I bought them from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and they were for a quilt I was intending to make for my God daughter (also the little girl I'm making the costume for), but for the life of me I can't remember the design of the quilt.

I suppose I should make something out of all these pink strips and cream fabrics and give my God daughter a quilt like I planned, but not sure what to make. Any ideas?