Old 03-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Sewnoma

I have a stack of Rubbermaid 16 qt containers that I use for "quilt kits". As soon as I have a pattern (usually my own design; or something I re-created on graph paper or in EQ7) it goes in there; as I accumulate fabric for that quilt it goes in there, as soon as I cut fabrics I label them with post-it notes as to what part they are and those go in there...if I buy special thread or a special ruler, that goes in there... Since I usually have at least a dozen quilts "in progress" to some degree or another it's just about the only way I can stay organized!!

Basting is the bane of my quilting life. I have no space, so I end up sliding all my furniture around and taping everything down to the living room floor. Which is horrible, I'm not as young as I used to be and neither are my knees!! I have a new technique I'm going to try on my next quilt, though, I saw it on a Leah Day Craftsy class; using folding tables and lengths of elastic. If that works, I will be SO HAPPY, but I have a King Size quilt that is next in line for quilting so that's going to be interesting; will have to do it in sections. I am TRYING to get in touch with a local guild, I need quilting buddies and access to large spaces and the guild has both of those things! But they won't answer my email and I'm a coward about just showing up unannounced. Silly, yes, but that's just how I am!!