Old 03-31-2014, 12:56 PM
tron80

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I have been "sort of" interested in the Go! and similar cutters, because I love gadgets and I don't have them yet.

But yesterday I was cutting fabric for a couple new quilts and I realized that I actually really enjoy the cutting stage (as long as I'm not making mistakes!). I enjoy figuring out the geometry of each block and how to cut the fabric in the least wasteful way. I think there is something therapeutic about putting neat little stacks of perfectly sliced fabric together, counting them all up, and ticking them off of my cutting list. I feel like I've accomplished something by converting raw yardage into all these neat little bits and pieces. I get excited watching the stacks grow, because after cutting comes laying out the quilt, and that's a really fun step too. That's when I actually get to see if my color choices are going to work, and get a feel for how the finished quilt is going to be.

Now if only I could find a way to enjoy basting quilts, I'd be totally set!
Ditto! I,m pretty new in cutting but is really therapeutic, while deconstruct the stress decrease and l enjoy it. Me too love the gadgets and the Go! Is very attractive but..... the june taylor,s shape cut is fantastic! And really fast.