View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:26 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
*you will need a dough mixer for this recipe.
If you try using an ordinary household mixer, it will probably burn up the motor.

2 c. butter (one box of four sticks)
2 c. gran. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
4 c. all pur. flour (White Lily)
5 c. oatmeal blended to a powder (Brand)
1 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
24 oz. Nestle semi- sweet chocolate chips
8 oz. Hersheys milk chocolate chips
3 c. chopped nuts, -
(I use pecans) - optional, but add so much flavor! SLURP!

Measure oatmeal after blending.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
In a very large, third bowl, put in all your dry ingredients. Mix together.
Add oatmeal to your third bowl, containing your dry ingredients.
Add your creamed ingredients to all of this. Add both kinds of chips, and your nuts. Mix all ingredients with dough hooks/mixer until well blended.
I use a cookie scoop, leveled, I put 20 on a pan, lined with waxed ppr for easy removal and tossing. (You don't have to keep washing your pans.)
Bake at 375* for 16-18 minutes. You have to experiment with your oven, and see if you like a softer cookie, or a crisper one.
Yield: about 112
If you use a teaspoon for this recipe, bake for 6-8 minutes and you will yield about 200.
This is a good sized recipe! I have doubled it for gift giving, but I would start out with one batch.
Bc of the size of this recipe, I make mine ahead of baking day. Make rolls with waxed ppr and freeze, or if cooking in a day or two, you can put it in your refrigerator. (warning, family may eat it raw, and it contains eggs.)

BEWARE! If you put one on your head, your tongue will knock your teeth out to get to it!
They are extremely addicting to eat, bc of yumminess.
Author takes no responsibility for your addiction, or family fights for them!
Eat warm or from freezer and drink a glass of milk.
You'll wonder how you ever got this far in life without them.:wink:
P.S. I have this recipe down to a science!
I line up all ingredient, all utensils and bowls, and turn on the oven.
I go do something else for about 30 minutes or so, to let the butter soften. (Remove sticks from box and spread out.)
Then I measure each ingredient and put in a bowl and go to mixing.
If you want to tackle baking on the same day as making,
get out two cookie sheets, line with your waxed paper, scoop, level, plop...till you have your pan filled.
This is an approximate time for 20 cookies, this size, and MY oven. You will have to experiment, and I like a little crunch to my cookie :P .
When you pop one into the oven, turn on the timer...even if your not a forgetter, like me...DO IT:wink: . You're making masterpieces after all, and you'll get rave reviews.
While those are baking, fill the other pan, and when 1st pan is done, transfer to a wire rack and pop another in 2nd pan, turn on timer.
Remove waxed paper from 1st pan. After 2-3 times in the oven, I take a ppr towel and wipe the pan off. The waxed ppr tends to melt a little wax build up on it, like grease, that's all.
I gave names for ingredients, bc these make the best cookies.
If you use a generic oatmeal or flour, you will find that your cookies are not as good. White Lily is the best, imo, and sifted well.
Sometimes these things do matter.
Yes, you can use self rising flour and leave off the leavening agents. (baking p., b. soda+salt)
Once your family has had these...there's no turning back. You will be inundated with future requests, don't blame me, lol. If you gain weight...I am not McDonald's:lol: :lol::lol: