Thread: Wonder Clips
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 05:36 AM
Sewnoma

I love those little red clips! I bleed a lot less making quilts now that I use those instead of pins, lol!

I use them for binding, and also for assembling quilt tops - I usually put quilts together in rows and then when it's time to join those long rows I use the red clips along the whole length to make sure all my seams stay lined up.

I use them to clip notes to my quilt rows and blocks as I'm working on them so I don't mix up my pattern as I move between the design wall and the sewing machine. ("Row 1/block 7; Row 2/block 3...") As I pull the fabric down from my design wall I also put a clip on each pair of blocks on the side where the seam needs to go.

I use them to hold patterns or instructions up; I have a small wire shelf-thing near my machine and I can clip whole magazines up to it, open to something I'm using as inspiration or pattern instructions I'm trying to follow, or just a drawing of my own I'm following or a list of pieces I need to make...whatever is needed.

The big green ones are handy too - I use those to hold cut fabrics together in groups. If I have a block that takes 6 pieces of fabric, I will make "kits" for each block and green-clip them together.

They're also good for holding annoying floppy sleeves back, lol.