View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 AM
barbarakibler23

lstew2212....you made me laugh...
I might become a 2.5 square hoarder.

I think I am already there!!!!!!!!!!!

I have made several quilts with my 2 1/2" squares....one was a pattern called 5 at 5 looks kinda like a film strip. I used bright color squares, with white. Then I made a one that I made up the pattern because I found a fabric that I fell in love with...so I found squares that only matched the fabric and randomly sewed them together I think maybe 25 across and 40 down (can't remember and gave it away already) all randomly picked out (had enough...I have been collecting for awhile) Then I put a stop border then I used the fabric as a large 10"? border. I liked that one the best. And made one that was randomly picked out with white as every other one....I only used brights again. Oh and also made what I call a seat cover.....my dog thinks she owns the sofa so I took random beige type pieces and sewed them together the same size as the sofa (so long and thin) . No more towels on the sofa. and did one for my car.(it has a lot of kid friendly eye spy fabrics)..I am a nanny and I get the kids from school they go to an alternative school and more then 1/2 the day is outside (any weather) so they are a mess sometimes!

So.....I use to organize them, now I just sew......with that said ....I saved all my squares from last years birthday swap and I am going to make ME something

Barb