Old 04-01-2014, 07:46 PM
mom2pekes2

Default I am new and in need of a swift kick to get me going

I know this is a strange intro, but the quilting bug has bitten me in a expensive way. There is just one problem. I have purchased a modest Brother 400 SE (it's actually my 3rd sewing machine), many updated quilting tools and rulers, quite a few patterns, materials for probably 10 quilts, LOTS of thread, and all kinds of magazines for ideas and impetus have also been purchased. I have hemmed a swimsuit for myself, repaired a waistband on a pair of jeans, small jobs on kids clothes, etc. so I do know how to sew.
The problem: I seem to be unable to take the next step - cutting the material. I have proceeded to the point with some cuddle fleece of washing and drying the material front pieces, backing, as well as cotton batting.
I have an inordinate fear of cutting material! I have had this fear since the mid 60s, but thought surely I would have outgrown it by now! I think it stems from knowing how much the material costs, and knowing exactly how expensive it would be to replace it. Had the info drilled into me from the three Home Ec. classes in Jr. and Sr High.

Last edited by mom2pekes2; 04-01-2014 at 07:49 PM.