View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Mrs. SewNSew

I tossed and turned all night wondering what sort of prize I might find!

So I get there Saturday and the garage is open and there are sewing machines everywhere. It's a double room garage, kinda dark and moist and garage-y. It's hard moving through the space because there is just so much stuff. Machines are under shelves on the floor, in tables, in cases on shelves, stacked and packed into corners. It was a case of the family wanted them ALL to go. They weren't really up to me peeking through everything and really there was too much to see. I could tell there were AT LEAST 20. So he shoots me a figure on the whole lot. Whoa.

I tried to negotiate for all the loose and boxed machines, maybe a treadle. I'm trying to figure out how I could possibly fit it all in my garage? The man is less than thrilled, they really want them all gone, but the packing begins. Hubby has a small trailer. As we are unloading the machines into our garage hubby says just take it all. He starts making room...

Can you see where this is going?

My garage is packed. It will take weeks to sort it all out. I have not even seen it all. There are tables and treadles and machines and cabinets with accessories and spare parts and even a couple sewing baskets!

It's only been 3 days so I am still just trying to let the shock settle in. It was such a bizarre and unique situation where I had to make a decision. I believe I made the right one but I am still coming to terms with it!