Old 04-02-2014, 03:00 AM
mpspeedy2

My parents gave me a sewing machine as a graduation gift from high school. It was a "Capital" in a cabinet? After I was married and my daughter started school I got a part time job in a shop that sold Berninas. They made their bread and butter doing custom dressmaking and alterations. I used their machines everyday and of course I had to have one. My first purchase was the first embroidery machine that Bernina sold. I still have it and over the years spent more than $1000 on software for it. Some of it has never been used. I eventually purchased a regular Bernina sewing machine and the rest is history. I presently own a Bernina serger, a sewing machine model Artista 185, a low end Bernina in the 200s that is really portable, weight wise and a Featherweight in mint condition that I purchased at a yard sale for $20. I also own a treadle machine that is used for an end table in my TV room. I don't recall what make it is or if it even works. I just figured that if there was to be a permanent power outage I would still have something. I purchased a second embroidery machine several years ago. It is a Brother but it uses the same format PES as my Bernina. I have pretty well worn out my Bernina embroidery machine. In order to use the software I already had I needed another machine that used the same format. I probably sew at least two or three days a week in one way or another. I make at least 21 Linus quilts each month so that keeps me at the machine on a regular basis.