Thread: so frustrated!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Cogito

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
The 99s have some weird features in the bobbin area that act opposite of what I would typically expect. easily 2 out of 3 99s I get need some pretty good adjustment in the hook area thanks to previous tinkerers.

Try this post from a couple of years ago: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...g-t195869.html

At the end of the day, if you want to sew and not tinker with the machines, I'd say stick with the ones that have treated you the best.
well Tammi, I just visited your website an wow do you have some wonderful info on there! I wish I would have watched your "stuck in the middle" video a week ago! I have a 401 that I was struggling to get the "swing back in" and in the end I didn't use a very light touch and I definitely forced movement, lol! I'm not very patient. It still needs work because the stitch pattern knobs sometimes move smoothly and freely and then the next moment doesn't want to move at all without a lot of jiggling.
But now I am a teensy worried that I really forced this poor machine and sure hope I didn't do lasting damage?