Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Amythyst02

My first machine was around the late 60's or so. I had that Singer for years. Then after many years I just have no idea what happened to it. But if I would to think of my total lifetime, I think I have had around a total of 6 machines, and 3 of those would have been in the last 2 years or so. I decided to get back into sewing, as I had always enjoyed it, so I picked up a nice Kenmore off Craig's list. Decided to make a rag quilt and discovered the Kenmore could not sew through all the layers of flannel I needed it to. I went to the local dealers and test drove several machines. I ended up with a Babylock Quest that had been turned in for trade. Love the machine, but then some rough times hit our household and I sold it to help with the medical bills for DH. Then we got somewhat back on our feet, and the dealer that sold me the Quest, gave me a call, she says, you know I have a very nice "open box" Serenade here that is just calling your name. For less than $700 I brought that brand new machine home, and I love it, and it is my last.