View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 AM
justflyingin

Default Shirts/pjs quilt nr. 3: queen sized

This one is 86x94" and made completely from recycled materials.

The tan was a flat sheet, 100% cotton, purchased at a rather large used clothing store (they also have a few books and bedding/curtains).

The shirts were purchased wherever cheap clothing is. There is a lot of cheap used clothing around--it seems mostly from the UK--they are a generous lot!

These are all 100% cotton clothing. I finished the binding this morning and washed it this afternoon. I then dried it in the dryer for 15 min. and am letting it dry the rest of the way lying flat.

It's not as impressive as the navy one with the same pattern--but in the end, I like it fine. It's a tad bit on the boring side, so for nr. 5 in this project, I'm looking for a pattern with a bit more pizzazz to it! (nr. 4 top is already done--just not yet quilted.)

I did grid quilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469923[/ATTACH]

My project is that I'm looking to use fabrics that I can buy inexpensively here in Poland and make as nice of a quilt as I can--something so that even the person who doesn't have a lot of cash can do.
I want to make 10 quilts this year using these "found fabrics".

I'm scouring the places that sell used clothing in order to find interesting fabrics as 100% cotton wovens (in the fabric store) are really not easy to find and the selection is, well, to put it mildly, a little funny, or disheartening, depending on how you look at it. A store just opened in Warsaw, that, I believe, is the first that sells LQS quality fabrics, but it is close to $18/meter, from what I saw on her FB page yesterday. I'm glad it is there, but the poorer person in our area could never even consider making a quilt from that expensive of fabric.
Attached Thumbnails 04-2014.jpg